Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 Milestones in 1 Week!

Liza has never been one to hold her own bottle...and definitely not a sippie cup. My first question at her 12 month check-up was, "How is she supposed to get off the bottle and still drink at least 20 ounces of milk a day when she won't even hold a cup???" Our pediatrician assured us that she can hold a cup....she just didn't want to. So, after a couple of days of making her do it....and worrying that my child would be hospitalized for dehydration....she finally drinks (on her own)!

Then...I guess that made her feel like such a big girl....she decided it was time to walk. Friday night, while Lee and I were getting dressed in our room, she came walking in from her room. Our rooms connect so we could keep an eye on her while we got ready, but I guess she really wanted to get our attention. She just breezed on into our room as if she had always done it...

This video shows her doing both....obviously she is still an amateur....but she is getting better every day! This video was on Father's day....I love that she went to cuddle with Lee as if she knew it was his day to be cuddled on. :) We love you, Daddy! :)

4 comments:

  1. It is so crazy how "in sync" our little ones are in reaching milestones...I love it. She is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth! I just found your blog and was so excited to get an update on your life. I did not know we had children a little over a month apart. Mitchell will be 1 on July 9. They grow so fast! I cannot believe you are about to have number 2! Congrats! It was fun to see your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee Liza!! She is such a big girl now! We miss you guys and our weekly playdates!

    ReplyDelete