Tuesday, June 22, 2010

be still, my heart


Today was Liza's first day of Mother's Day Out. I felt like I was dropping her off for her first day of "real school." Seriously....look how grown-up she looks! I was just a mess of emotions.....It was a new church, I didn't know any of the teachers.....there was no Judah for Liza to play with (or get in trouble with) : ) I wasn't even really sure where to park. And then Liza had to go and be so big on me. "Bye bye, mommy!" I mean, seriously?
I am typically not the mom that gets emotional over this kind of thing.....I mean, I love my kids and miss them immensely when I am away from them, but I appreciate some good time off.... But... she stays until 1pm! I don't even get to eat lunch with her!
So, whats a momma to do? 1. Shed a few tears on the way home. 2. Blog about it so that I can get it off my chest and never forget this moment, ever. 3. Thank our Heavenly Father for such a precious gift, dry my eyes, and face the diaster that is awaiting me in my kitchen (and smile knowing that I can do it in peace and quiet while Will sleeps and Liza plays safely in good hands....)

3 comments:

  1. Oh how my heart felt for you in this blog...because you are braver than I...I had CGH signed up for a 2 day program and I chickened out!! I couldn't do it. Please let me know how it goes. I need to call and chat about it bc I have so many thoughts about it. I'll be praying for you and this NEW exciting chapter in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's such a big girl. you are blessed that she's independent...that's a great thing...so healthy. we will start a program in august...right down the street...i wouldn't put it past my 7 month preggo self to climb a tree and stake out w binoculars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look so grown up. I can't imagine going through this with Carys in a little over two years. Time really does fly. I really do feel for you, and my little one isn't even here yet.

    ReplyDelete