Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Liza and I went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Saenger Theater! It was not quite the traditional version that we all know and love....but it was a fun girls date anyway! :)

Here are some fun pics of our day.







Looking at the picture of the girls with Belle cracks me up. Liza clammed up...it was no doubt a lot of pressure for her. I think now is a good time to post in my "online scrapbook" just how in love with Belle Liza is/was at age 2 (and still is as we are now 3....).

Believes she is Belle moments:

One morning at church she had substitue Sunday School teachers. She proceeded to convince them that her nametag was wrong and that her name truly was Belle, not Liza. They really believed her and called her Belle the majority of the time until she started talking about her daddy.......the Beast.

Lunch with Mama Ann at St Catherines: Liza walks around charming all the ladies, sweetly holding her great-grandmother's hand and introducing herself as Belle.

This might be my favorite because it was for nobody's benefit but her own:
Will is asleep one day, I'm in my room folding clothes, Liza is watching "Super Why." With no one around for her to impress, I hear the TV ask, "Super-readers, state your name." With all her heart, Liza says, "Belle!"

I am sure there are many more Belle stories I am forgetting.....and many more to come....

I could not adore my little Belle more! :)

1 comment:

  1. Claire middlebrooksJune 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM

    Love the one of the two of you.. You look so good! This belle phase is wonderful

    ReplyDelete