Saturday, February 27, 2010

lessons from Liza

I think every mom I know that loves the Lord feels the same way as me: our Children teach us SO MUCH about God. Never has the gift of God sending His Son to die for us become so real to me as much as when Liza was born and I felt the love for a child that was my own flesh and blood. What God did for us truly is amazing.

So, lately, since Liza has become this walking and talking real person, I have been even more blown away at the simple little truths God places on my heart through random, and usually funny moments with Liza. (Just to set the record straight.....my sweet Will, mommy loves you just as much as that crazy sister of yours.....your smiles melt me to my core.....you just aren't talking or moving much yet......hang in there......I am quite sure you will give me much to ponder soon enough!).

Anyway.....considering the fact that Will's baby book might still have plastic wrap around it......I become more and more motivated to record moments with the kids that I never want to forget. This blog is an easy way to do it b/c I don't have to send pics to be printed, worry about my handwriting, and it is so much faster to type than write.

Back to the point: lessons from Liza. Liza does some funny things every day that I never want to forget. But, sometimes, they teach me things and I never want to forget that either. I don't consider myself very deep and I am certainly not a gifted writer/speaker or theologian. Do I even know how to spell that word? But, for me, sometimes the best lessons are little simple truths that a child can shed light on.

So, Liza lesson #1:

Liza can be playing so happily and then all of a sudden it hits: her hunger. That girl goes from being completely content to famished in 30 seconds. Thursday it hit her (mid-morning) when I was digging through the freezer trying to figure out what to cook for supper. While helping me, she came across a frozen bag of veggies. She had to have them. So, I got out a little bowl to quickly zap some in the microwave (what mom wouldn't want to give their kid some veggies even at 10 am?). She couldn't wait 30 seconds....she had to have them right then. So, I reached in the bag and pulled out a frozen green bean and gave it to her. While I was saying, "See, they aren't good until you cook them....." she was already reaching for another. She loved the frozen green beans. Crazy girl. : )

So that is the cuteness I don't ever want to forget.....and here is the little truth the Holy Spirit convicted me of:
Elizabeth, how often do you impatiently settle for something that may be good for you instead of waiting for My best?

No comments:

Post a Comment