Wednesday, February 24, 2010

6 months old!

So, I am trying to hold true to my promise yesterday of posting all about you, my sweet boy! Where did half of a year go????

I have to say that you are starting to give me almost as much to write about as that crazy sister of yours! : ) (Which is impressive all things considered....)

At six months:

You still smile more than any baby I have ever seen.

Anyone who has ever kept you or taken care of you, falls in love with you.

You have your two bottom/front teeth (but barely....they are your newest addition and accomplishment.....and by your drool I think the top two are right behind them).

You can sit up on your own......but are still pretty wobbly.....and the extra "love nudges" from Liza aren't a huge help. She means well. : )

You can roll both ways......although I seem to miss it every time. But lots of other people tell me about it.....daddy, grandparents, nursery workers at church, etc. I just like to think that you are playing "baby" for me since you know I love you that way. : )

You can get up on all fours and act as if you are ready to crawl......but you only seem to move in reverse. Your face sure is serious when you are trying this one, though. Not aggressive like Liza was, just serious.

You love to gnaw on your feet......shoes, socks, toes.....anything that is attached to your foot.

You love to grab onto hair.....and not let go. I never experienced this wonderful sensation with your sister.....I first thought it was just because my hair is longer with you as a baby than it was when Liza was a baby. But, I have watched you pull your daddy's hair with just as much muscle as mine.....so I now know, you just love hair.

You absolutely light up when Liza comes around you. She can always make you smile and laugh just as you always make her smile and laugh. I knew watching my children together would be fun.....but I had no idea how fun.

As much as I try to get you to use a pacifier, you love to suck your fingers when you sleep. And, much to my dismay, it is your two middle fingers. So far, you don't really do it when you are awake and playing......well.....thats not really true.....sometimes you stick your whole hand in your mouth.....but I think that is more of a teething thing.

I wonder if you might end up being left handed. As a teacher, I well know that there is no way to know for sure until at least 3 years of age.....and sometimes kids change even after that.....but, you suck your left fingers, you usually pick up toys with your left hand first, and these past two days of feeding you rice cereal, you have reached for the spoon with your left hand every time I try to put the spoon in your mouth. Hmmm? I wonder?

Speaking of that rice cereal.....I know this post is all about you.....but this must be noted for the day when Liza says, "He keeps copying me." This morning, while Liza was enjoying her yummy breakfast, she insisted on having a bowl of rice cereal. Just like her little brother. : ) I tried to explain that what she was eating was much better tasting......but oh no. She had to have some. So, after fixing her a bowl......she scarfed it down! One would think after the delightfulness of maple brown sugar oatmeal, one would never go back to rice cereal mush......but Liza ate it as if I was never going to feed her again. We'll see how long that one lasts.

Back to you, sweet boy.
You are incredibly ticklish on your collar bone. You give me big, guttural laughs when I tickle you under your chin. And, you sound just like Liza when you laugh really big like that.

Speaking of laughing and what you and Liza have in common: Y'all both get very silly and delirious at night. Don't get me wrong, you both can get grumpy at the commonly dreaded 5 o' clock hour......but get you through that and into your 7:30 bedtime.....and it becomes comedy hour. I don't know who laughs more during that final diaper change, you or her.

You finally are a good, good sleeper. Well, at least at night. : ) I like to think that you can just run off of less sleep than others during the day. You are like daddy, and Liza is like me......us girls like our sleep and you boys don't like to miss any of the daytime action. But, you now (after some help) are a wonderful sleeper......from around 8pm - 8am every day! :) And the smile that you greet me with in the morning is something that I will never forget!

Will, our sweet little Bubba, you are our bundle of joy and our family just wouldn't have been the same without you these past 6 months!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mama! Congrats on getting past the first 6 months...you are an inspiration to many! I wish I could steal some of those sweet smiles from Will!! I know they melt your heart. Time for another???Hahahha:)

    ReplyDelete