Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Man

So, last Saturday we began our day perfectly. Liza slept until 8 and even though we both were up before then, we stayed in bed and just enjoyed the fact that it was Saturday and we could. Once Liza woke up, I grabbed some milk and her and all 3 of us jumped back in bed together. We giggled and played for about an hour.....yes, it was a scene that every middle school girl dreams of......her dream man and dream daughter.....everyone in love.....get the picture? So....sometime after we finally got up and had breakfast, and then played outside for a while, my pregnancy hormones must have set in. :)

That is when Lee decided to go outside to do some yard work.

A few moments of me scuffling around and trying to justify the onset of my snappiness in my head, but really knowing it was not called for and knowing I needed to go apologize.....after all, I had ruined our perfect morning....I heard the blower sound turn into a chain saw sound.

This is what I found:



Now, this picture does not really do the tree justice. This picture looks like it was a little twig of a tree...and while it was not the biggest tree in our yard, it definitely was not a twig.

I had to laugh out loud over the fact that my snappiness drove him to cut a tree down. My man. I love it.

"...a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping." Proverbs 19:13

ouch. :)

On a more serious note about my man:
Lee is leaving Friday for a mission trip to Peru. He will be gone Friday through the following Sunday. I would love to ask all my family and friends that read this (which in reality it is probably just our 2 moms....) to please be in prayer for him. This is his 2nd time to go to this area, and he is thrilled to reconnect with the people that touched him so much last year. Last year, his group went to help teach the local pastors of the area basically how to pastor a church. Lee ended up falling in love with the children....and he also noticed that the children were either ignored or seen as "in the way" during worship time. So, this trip is targeted towards helping the local churches learn ways to incorporate children. They want to help the adults that are believers understand the importance of raising up the next generation. Also, in addition to all of this, they will of course be hoping to reach some of the lost in the area as well.

Please pray for the pastors and adults to have open hearts towards all of this....and pray for the children that they will be working with. Also, please pray for Lee as he is the team leader of this trip. I have full confidence that (just as he handles my "snappiness" in a calm and wise way), he will wisely handle any decision making that arises. Pray for him to have a clear vision for this trip and to be sensitive to the Spirit and how He is leading the whole week.

Thanks for reading this super long and mostly super silly entry! :)

3 comments:

  1. we will definitely keep Lee and the people of Peru in our prayers....and you and Liza since you will be home without daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh loud to myself - ha! what a great story! We are praying for Lee and for you and Liza and baby Will - call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this mama read it. You know I will be praying for Lee and his team and you and Liza and baby will. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete