Thursday, February 24, 2011

shepherding her heart....



So...I have really been reading/praying a lot about raising my children. I admit it is the one area that I worry about the most. I want to raise children who first love the Lord and second love others more than themselves.....it is a big responsibility and I feel blessed that I have this job....but I put a lot of pressure on myself in this department. (Which please do not think is me bragging on my "goodness" of wanting to raise godly children.....on the contrary, it is a weak spot I am working on b/c I know ultimately that my children are in His hands and that He does not command us to worry over raising them....)

Anyways! I am so grateful that God is patient with my worrisome self and that today he gave me a little moment to relax and have a good laugh.

On the way home from school I was asking Liza about her day. She was rambling on about going to the gym, coloring a sunshine and her friends colored stars..... Going to time out....

Me: Liza, why did you go to time out?
Liza: I hit Kelsey on the head with a block.
Me: (in my best attempt to draw out the heart emotions...not just the right/wrong of the situation) How did you feel when you hit her?
Liza: Ummmmm
Me: What were you feeling when you hit her? Were you frusterated, angry, upset?
Liza: Ummmm
Me: Do you know how you felt?
Liza: Yes... I felt like a pizza!

1 comment:

  1. I believe you and Lee are awesome people and parents. If all parents had your desires, concerns,goals, etc for their kids as yall do, all children as a whole would better kids.
    A. B!

    ReplyDelete